So you’re going through a break up, music is a great tool to use to help mend a broken heart. Professor Bill Thompson from Macquarie University studies the role of music in our lives. Professor Thompson says that music is an effective strategy for helping us through hard times because it releases neurochemicals such as dopamine.
Music is a great way to feel connected to other people and therefore it can help us deal with loneliness.
Here are our top 10 break up songs to add to your playlist;
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together – Taylor Swift
- Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake
- We Belong Together – Mariah Carey
- You’re So Vain – Carly Simons
- Happier – Ed Sheeran
- All Too Well – Taylor Swift
- Don’t Speak – No Doubt
- Part of Me – Katy Perry
- Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
If you are experiencing a break up and would like to find out ways you can resolve your matter without court intervention, please contact us here to arrange an appointment with our collaborative family lawyer, Megan Piccardi.